Recipe by Oolala
I just came across this and thought my kids would like it. It is from the "Red River Valley Potato Growers Auxiliary Cookbook" which I found in the "Best of the Best from the Great Plains Cookbook."
- 1 head lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 tomatoes, large and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups potato chips, crushed (rippled style)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash lettuce and spinach and tear into bite sized pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner or pat dry.
- Refrigerate while browning ground beef.
- Drain fat from the meat and add taco seasoning, water, and drained kidney beans.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix greans, tomatoes, onion, chips, and cheese. Add ground beef mixture and toss.
- Combine salad dressing and salsa and pour over salad and serve immediately.