Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are addictive!! I made them once when i was at my parents .. an hour later they were all gone :)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed (unflavored)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, mix in vanilla and egg yolk.
- Add 1/3 the flour, mix well.
- Repeat twice.
- Add potato chips and walnuts (if using) and mix until well blended.
- Drop small amount onto cookie sheet, press down lightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar while still hot from the oven.
This was a very good cookie! I enjoyed telling people hat there was a "secret ingredient" in them. lol I followed the recipe as written and the cookies were very tender (delicate). I couldn't help but wonder what they'd be like with a little chocolate drizzled on them (before the powdered sugar went on them). Hmmm, perhaps next time! Thank you for posting this recipe!
This was so much fun to make! I made it with my 11 y/o son and he simply loved it. I was surprised to start with the cup of butter, but all the ingredients were perfect! I made strict to specs. The taste did indeed have a "pop-rocks" texture and almost impossible to identify the potato chips in the end product. Everyone who tried them was astounded when I told them the secret ingredient. LOL The cookies were not overly sweet, and the crunch was just perfect! Thank you for sharing this wonderful treat! ~Buddha
Wonderful and original recipe. My two kids, 8 and 10, loved making the cookies and my husband said they tasted like they had pop-rocks in them. These will become our new Christmas cookies!