Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In the Summer, it's tomato sandwiches all the way but when you want a little more to your sandwich, this is always next on my list. OK- So this is a no brainer but it is sooo good! I've eaten sandwiches like this since I was a kid. I recently posted a picture of this on a swap that I had and I wasn't the only one that liked my sandwich like this! If you've never made this, do yourself a favor and try it out. :)
- 2 slices bread or 1 sandwich bun
- 2 -3 slices of lunch meat, any kind (I use peppered turkey)
- 1 slice cheese, any kind (I use Colby-Jack)
- 6 slices pickles (enough to cover)
- 2 slices tomatoes (not store bought...FRESH)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 slices onions (optional)
- ruffled potato chips (as many as you can stack on)
- Spread the mayo on the bread.
- Place the meat, cheese, pickle, onion if using, tomato and chips onto one slice of bread and top it off with the second slice of bread.
- Smash it down a bit and hang on! It gets a bit messy!
One of my favorites is bologna, yellow mustard and a heaping handful of potato chips on white bread. Add a slice of cheese if you're feeling fancy.
Excellent sandwich! I also have done the chips on tuna thing, but these other ideas sound great, too. I bet the kids would go crazy about these...!
This was really good! I left out the meat and my tater chips were a little off so used Dorito chips. Great sandwich! Thanks! Mde for the Best of 2009 cookbook game.