Prep 40 mins
Cook 14 mins
these are really good!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped candied cherry
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1 cup crushed potato chips (about 3 cups uncrushed)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed.for 30 seconds.
- add sugar and salt.beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed during mixing --
- beat in egg and vanilla till combined.
- beat in as much flour as you can with mixer, stir in remaining flour with wooden spoon -- stir in chocolate chips, candied cherries and orange peel.
- shape dough into 1 1/2" balls.roll balls in crushed potato chips, using the bottom of a glass, flatten the balls until they are about 2 1/2" in diameter.
- bake in the preheated oven about 14-16 minutes or until golden.
- transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- TO STORE:.
- place cookies in an airtight container in layers seperated by waxed paper -- store at room temperature for up to 3 days.freeze up to 3 months.