Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Sunset June 2008 A really novel breakfast/brunch dish
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 eggs
- 600 g potato chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- melt butter and oil in large fry pan (for which you own a snug lid).
- Chop onion and garlic in food processor to fine pieces.
- Add to oil/butter and cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Crumble a bunch of potato chips into the onions (recipe called for four large handfuls), stir to mix.
- Hollow out four depressions, crack one egg into each.
- Add water, cover and cook until eggs are done.
- Note: I used 'hand crafted' type chips, it was a little tough to separate the servings but tasty. Next time I'll try conventional chips.
- Could add some hot chiles to spice it up.