Recipe by DianeHelen
This was from the Tony Danza show. I made it LOVED it, and thought it was a great and easy recipe to share. You can reduce the calories by using baked or WOW(olestra) chips, but it comes out a bit better with the Kettle Cooked Chips, as in recipe
- 3 lbs salmon
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 5 1⁄2 ounces bag kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay the side of salmon, skin side down, in the center of the baking sheet. Season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Crush the potato chips, lime zest and dill together in a bowl until the chips resemble coarse crumbs. Mix in 2 tablespoons of oil until incorporated.
- Coat the salmon with a thin, even layer of potato chip crumbs. Pat them on the fish gently so they stay put.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chip coating is nicely browned. Use 2 spatulas to transfer the salmon to a serving platter, putting one at either end and lifting them up together so the salmon is in one piece. Lay it gently on the serving platter and put a fork and a knife on the table by the platter so that people can serve themselves. You can also serve the salmon right on the baking sheet-there's no shame in that, either.