Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was from the Tony Danza show. I made it LOVED it, and thought it was a great and easy recipe to share. You can reduce the calories by using baked or WOW(olestra) chips, but it comes out a bit better with the Kettle Cooked Chips, as in recipe
- 3 lbs salmon
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 5 1⁄2 ounces bag kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay the side of salmon, skin side down, in the center of the baking sheet. Season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Crush the potato chips, lime zest and dill together in a bowl until the chips resemble coarse crumbs. Mix in 2 tablespoons of oil until incorporated.
- Coat the salmon with a thin, even layer of potato chip crumbs. Pat them on the fish gently so they stay put.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chip coating is nicely browned. Use 2 spatulas to transfer the salmon to a serving platter, putting one at either end and lifting them up together so the salmon is in one piece. Lay it gently on the serving platter and put a fork and a knife on the table by the platter so that people can serve themselves. You can also serve the salmon right on the baking sheet-there's no shame in that, either.
This is terrific. My husband does not like salmon as much as I, but we both love this recipe!
Love, Love, Love! What's not to love, mouthwatering, quick and easy with minimal kitchen clean-up. A family favorite. Was going to post myself until I saw someone had already...Worth trying! Thank for posting!