20 hrs 10 mins
A heart healthier, yet flavorful and scrumptious version by chef and author Devin Alexander. Initially, I was skeptical this could taste good being that a) it's coated with Baked Ruffles, and b) it's baked. But one bite of these, and I had a whole paradigm shift about how tasty healthy cooking can be. Hopefully you'll find that this is a keeper just as I have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 1/2 ounces ruffles baked potato chips, finely crushed, about 1/2 cup
- 1Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- 2Use flat side of mallet to pound chicken to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- 3Place flattened chicken and buttermilk into resealable plastic bag.
- 4Seal bag and turn to coat chicken completely. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Make sure to rotate once or twice.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 6Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- 7In a small bowl, mix together the onion powder, paprika, black pepper, salt, and cayenne. Place crushed potato chips into a medium shallow bowl.
- 8Remove one chicken breast from the buttermilk and let any excess liquid drip off.
- 9Season both sides evenly with the seasoning mixture.
- 10Transfer the breast to the bowl of crushed potato chips and cover completely with chips.
- 11Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 12Lightly spray the top of both chicken breasts with olive oil spray. Bake for 4 minutes, and then carefully flip the chicken over with spatula, taking care not to remove the coating.
- 13Again, lightly spray the chicken tops with olive oil spray and bake until the coating is crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Chicken is ready when coating is crispy and chicken is no longer pink inside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chip Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 439.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 22.2 g