Candace Michelle's Note:
This is a recipe for a neat little gift. They are so easy to make and you can make multiple gifts by buying the ingredients and canning. Great for teachers, employees, etc. This particular recipe is kind of like Pecan Sandies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Include in Jar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Include on Gift Tag
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- 2Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart "wide mouth" canning jar.
- 3Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient. It will be a tight fit.
- 4On gift tag write the additional ingredients needed (butter and extract), as well as these baking instructions:.
- 5Pre-heat oven to 350°F Empty this jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- 6Mix well. Add butter and vanilla and stir until blended thoroughly.
- 7Shape into balls the size of walnuts, and place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Flatten balls with the palm of your hand. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- 9Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chip Cookies in a Jar (Gift)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.9
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g