Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe for a neat little gift. They are so easy to make and you can make multiple gifts by buying the ingredients and canning. Great for teachers, employees, etc. This particular recipe is kind of like Pecan Sandies.
Include in Jar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Include on Gift Tag
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart "wide mouth" canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient. It will be a tight fit.
- On gift tag write the additional ingredients needed (butter and extract), as well as these baking instructions:.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Empty this jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well. Add butter and vanilla and stir until blended thoroughly.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts, and place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten balls with the palm of your hand. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
What a great tasting cookie! It should be said that these are a very dry and crumbly cookie. I was very surprised when I was preparing these, that the dough was so dry. I kept thinking something was missing. But, they are great. So, as aprehensive as I was, it all turned out. Thanks for a great recipe.