Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
crunchy texture and really fill my salty/sweet cravings. i got this recipe from my gran. i know it sounds strange but they taste great..just dont use ketchup chips..lol.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 cup plain potato chips (slightly crushed but not fine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- cream margarine and sugar together well.
- add vanilla and continue blending well.
- add flour and potato chips a bit at a time until well blended.
- take about a tsp.
- size amount and place on ungreased baking sheet and slightly flatten (not too flat) i forgot once to flatten and they don't really flatten but still okay.
- bake at 325* for 20 minutes-- until golden and done.
I know that this recipe has a great potential to be fabulously delicious but I tried it and found that the cookies don't hold together. I am an experienced cook and found it odd that there wasn't even an egg or something to use as a binder. It's hard to form the cookies as they are too crumbly and they don't improve with baking. I'm going to try it again with one egg in the dough.
that looks really good i cant waite to taste it
Quick, easy, fun. This taste like the recipe I lost 25 years ago. They were a hit. Thank you.