Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yes, really, potato chips make good cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened (No substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add vanilla, flour, and potato chips.
- Drop by 1/2 tsp.
- on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- (For softer cookies, bake only 7 minutes).
- Cool on cookie sheet before transfering to a cookie rack.
These are AWESOME !!!!! My sister-in-law is the "keeper" of this recipe. She's made these for years. You'd never know they were made with Potato Chips. She calls them "Buttery Cookies"
These are great! I was skeptical of the potato chip idea, but went for it and am glad I did! I made mine just like the recipe said. I was worried because I only had salted butter, but they turned out fine - not too salty at all! I will definitely make these again. I can't wait to share with my friends and family!
At first I was a little leary to try these, but I am a person that will try anything once. And these were one of the best cookies I have had. They almost remind me of a shortbread cookie.