Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very good recipe. something to do with left over crushed potato chips.
- 2 cups golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (can put in blender, if desired)
- Cream together, sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- Add chips and nuts; mix well to distribute evenly.
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes about 9 dozen.
- Note: Cooking time is time to bake all the cookies.
my grandma made these every christmas when i was growing up. I never did get the recipe from her. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to make these, and smile remembering my wonderful grandparents, when life was simple.
I really liked these cookies. Not as sweet as other cookies, which, I think, is good. Addicting flavor and a great way to use the crumbs in the bag of your potato chips. Thanks.
These are great! I've made these for years and people always try to guess what's in them and are surprised by the answer.