1/4 Photos of Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are many claims as to the origins of this cookie. I only know they are just plain good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 lb cool margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces potato chips, crushed (about 6 cups, my favorite is Ruffles)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and nutmeg until combined; set aside.
- 3Put margarine in a big bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until softened.
- 4Add in both sugars; continue beating until combined but grainy, with no bits of margarine visible, about 2 minutes.
- 5Beat in the egg, then the egg white and vanilla.
- 6Turn off the beaters; add in the flour mixture, and beat at low speed until a sticky and thick but nonetheless soft batter forms, about 20 seconds.
- 7Remove the beaters and stir in the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon, just until evenly distributed.
- 8Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto 2 large ungreased nonstick baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- 9Bake for 8 minutes, then reverse the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom.
- 10Continue baking for about 7 more minutes, or until the cookies are browned and somewhat firm to touch.
- 11Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 66.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g