Recipe by dividend
My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. She'd save the crumbs left at the end of every bag of Lays potato chips until she had enough to make this. This is such a fun way to eat chicken! The quantities here are approximate, to give you an idea.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml crushed potato chips (Lays classic)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese (the only time I use it out of the green can)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the potato chips, cheese, and garlic powder in a large ziploc bag.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a shallow dish.
- You can cut the chicken breasts into strips if you want to do this as chicken fingers.
- Moisten the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, then seal them in the ziploc bag, and shake to coat.
- Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet (I always cover the sheet with foil for easy cleanup). If you want to, you can cover the chicken with the leftover coating.
- Bake 40 minutes for whole breasts, 30 minutes for strips.