Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. She'd save the crumbs left at the end of every bag of Lays potato chips until she had enough to make this. This is such a fun way to eat chicken! The quantities here are approximate, to give you an idea.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml crushed potato chips (Lays classic)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese (the only time I use it out of the green can)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the potato chips, cheese, and garlic powder in a large ziploc bag.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a shallow dish.
- You can cut the chicken breasts into strips if you want to do this as chicken fingers.
- Moisten the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, then seal them in the ziploc bag, and shake to coat.
- Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet (I always cover the sheet with foil for easy cleanup). If you want to, you can cover the chicken with the leftover coating.
- Bake 40 minutes for whole breasts, 30 minutes for strips.
I used 2 teaspoons of parmesan cheese instead of the amount that the recipe calls for & it turned out great. We will definitely try this recipe again :-)
Excellent! And great flavor! Made this when DS invited his GF for dinner the other night. I couldn't eat a whole half-breast but LOVED the leftovers the next day for lunch (altho' they weren't quite as crunchy of course). I wonder what this would be like with leftover FLAVORED chips, like BBQ or sour-cream-n-onion, etc. ??? Definitely worth investigating....altho' LEFTOVER potato chips at our house are nearly NON-existent, as we are SUCH pigs and EAT the little crumbs right out of the bag. :-)
My picky kids and husband loved this, which is an automatic 5 stars. 2 cups of crushed chips is a lot, but I had been saving the ends of a number of bags just waiting to try this recipe. I made chicken strips which the kids enjoyed. Not diet food, but very tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe!