My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. She'd save the crumbs left at the end of every bag of Lays potato chips until she had enough to make this. This is such a fun way to eat chicken! The quantities here are approximate, to give you an idea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix the potato chips, cheese, and garlic powder in a large ziploc bag.
- 3Melt the butter or margarine in a shallow dish.
- 4You can cut the chicken breasts into strips if you want to do this as chicken fingers.
- 5Moisten the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, then seal them in the ziploc bag, and shake to coat.
- 6Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet (I always cover the sheet with foil for easy cleanup). If you want to, you can cover the chicken with the leftover coating.
- 7Bake 40 minutes for whole breasts, 30 minutes for strips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chip Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 405.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 30.3 g