Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. She'd save the crumbs left at the end of every bag of Lays potato chips until she had enough to make this. This is such a fun way to eat chicken! The quantities here are approximate, to give you an idea.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the potato chips, cheese, and garlic powder in a large ziploc bag.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a shallow dish.
- You can cut the chicken breasts into strips if you want to do this as chicken fingers.
- Moisten the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, then seal them in the ziploc bag, and shake to coat.
- Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet (I always cover the sheet with foil for easy cleanup). If you want to, you can cover the chicken with the leftover coating.
- Bake 40 minutes for whole breasts, 30 minutes for strips.
Awesome recipe. I cooked this for my grand daughter tonight. She is on a gluten, soy and caisen free diet. I omitted the cheese, marinated the chicken in olive oil and garlic powder before breading it in the crushed chips. She loved it!!! It is so much cheaper than using the gluten free chicken nuggets sold in the frozen section of the grocery store.Thank you so much for posting, you are saving me lots of money!!! :o) Jan
I used 2 teaspoons of parmesan cheese instead of the amount that the recipe calls for & it turned out great. We will definitely try this recipe again :-)
Great dish! So easy!! We are definately going to try some different flavoured chips next time...