Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a recipe from the Radiant Recovery website. Adapted to fit my allergies and our tastes. A very easy recipe that's great on a cold winter night.
Top Review by Maito
Different and very good chili. I really like the potatoes in it, and it does taste like chili! We made an even healthier version with Morningstar veggie crumbles, which work so well in recipes like this. I also followed other reviewers and doubled the cumin and oregano, and added a red pepper and garlic. Ate the leftovers with some lime, cilantro and nonfat sour cream and that was even better.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I use 96% lean)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (you may leave the peel on)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano