1/7 Photos of Potato Chicken Salad with a Basil Parsley Mayonnaise
If you like Basil then you will like this salad. With the final seasoning check I sometimes add a bit of lemon juice, and I like small new potatoes best for this salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks finely sliced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil, approx
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 15 cherry tomatoes, approx or 3 tomatoes, chopped
- extra basil leaves, for serving (optional)
- 1Combine in a large bowl, chicken, potatoes, celery and the onions, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Put in your food processor, basil, parsley, garlic some salt and pepper and process as smooth as possible.
- 3Blend in the oil and vinegar.
- 4Put this in a small bowl and mix with the mayonnaise.
- 5Pour this over the salad and mix it very well.
- 6Cover the dish, leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 7When ready to serve, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, transfer to a shallow serving bowl and garnish with the tomatoes and some torn basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chicken Salad with a Basil Parsley Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 237.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar