If you like Basil then you will like this salad. With the final seasoning check I sometimes add a bit of lemon juice, and I like small new potatoes best for this salad
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks finely sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed fresh basil, approx
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 15 cherry tomatoes, approx or 3 tomatoes, chopped
- extra basil leaves, for serving (optional)
- Combine in a large bowl, chicken, potatoes, celery and the onions, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in your food processor, basil, parsley, garlic some salt and pepper and process as smooth as possible.
- Blend in the oil and vinegar.
- Put this in a small bowl and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Pour this over the salad and mix it very well.
- Cover the dish, leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, transfer to a shallow serving bowl and garnish with the tomatoes and some torn basil leaves.
This is GOOD! A tasty mix of flavors that I found refreshing! I must admit I did omit the chicken, but I know it would be a good addition for meateaters! Thanks for a great potato salad!
I omitted the chicken too and concentrated on the salad which was lovely! The basil dressing is the star of the show.
This is superb! The dressing is so full of flavor. I freeze any basil I have left at the end of the summer, so used some of that. Worked out beautifully. The only change I made, was to omit the tomatoes and just used to garnish. Didn't realize I didn't have enough to add. I won't forget next time. :)