1/1 Photo of Potato, Cherry Tomato and Green Bean Salad
The orange juice really brings out a nice kick to this salad. Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. I sometimes add in crumbled feta cheese. I suggest to double this recipe, it is really a delicious salad! All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, peeled
- 8 tablespoons orange juice (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 (1 pint) baskets cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion (sliced or coarsely chopped)
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 -7 tablespoons capers, drained (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water until just crisp-tender (about 4-5 minutes; drain and place in a bowl with icewater; set aside (this can be done hours in advance or even a day ahead).
- 2Cook the potatoes (leave whole do not slice) until fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes; remove to a bowl.
- 3Cut the small potatoes in half or quarters if the are fairly large.
- 4In a small cup whisk together 2 tablespoons orange juice with 2 tablespoons vinegar; pour over the warm potatoes, and gently toss to coat.
- 5Cool completely to room temperature or refrigerate, tossing occasionally.
- 6Add in the green beans, cherry tomatoes halves, red onion and chopped parsley; mix to combine.
- 7In a small cup whisk remaining 6 tablespoons orange juice and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and olive oil; pour over the potato mixture in the bowl along with the capers; toss to combine.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or more.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Cherry Tomato and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar