Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious, comforting casserole that everyone I've met absolutely loves. It's a much requested item at potlucks too.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Let potatoes thaw until easily separated 30-40 minutes.
- In large bowl combine potatoes, onions, soup, sour cream, butter and cheese.
- Turn into greased 9"x13" pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with potato chips.
- Bake at 375 F for 1 hour.