Recipe by BrokenButterfly
Potato soup meets a cheeseburger with a kick. I found the main concept on a website called Group Recipes, but when i made it I tweaked it a bit and it came out spectacular.
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 lb shredded cheese
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sour cream and chives (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In saucepan, add first 8 ingredients and bring to boil.
- 2. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Stir in beef, 2 cups milk and cream of mushroom soup, then heat through.
- 4. In mixing bowl, add flour and remaining milk and stir until smooth.
- 5. Gradually stir into soup.
- 6. Bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- 7. Reduce heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- 8. Add desired amount of cayenne and stir.
- 9. Top with bacon just before serving.
- 10. Garnish with sour cream and chives.