Mrs Bebe's Note:
We ate this growing up and my sister in law that's vegetarian loves them too. You don't even miss the beef, or you can add it along with the rest of the ingredients if you'd like. Also a favorite with my kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- corn tortilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 1peel and cut potatoes into small squares then boil with salt until tender.
- 2drain potatoes and then add sour cream and cheese and mix all together as if making mash potatos. They should be thick and a little chunky. Check the taste to make sure it's enough salt or you may also add a little garlic salt. Set aside and start on tortillas.
- 3warm tortillas on a skillet or in microwave just to soften and keep them warm either in a plastic bag or in a tortilla warmer.
- 4Scoop some of the potato mix onto your tortilla and you can either roll the tortillas or you can fold them in half. The potato makes the tortilla stick together or if you'd like you can hold with a toothpick.
- 5Lastly warm the oil and fry your taquitos until gold and crisp. Then drain the oil of the taquitos by placing them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels for a few minutes.
- 6VOILA! Just add all the topings over your taquitos and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheese Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g