Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We ate this growing up and my sister in law that's vegetarian loves them too. You don't even miss the beef, or you can add it along with the rest of the ingredients if you'd like. Also a favorite with my kids!
- peel and cut potatoes into small squares then boil with salt until tender.
- drain potatoes and then add sour cream and cheese and mix all together as if making mash potatos. They should be thick and a little chunky. Check the taste to make sure it's enough salt or you may also add a little garlic salt. Set aside and start on tortillas.
- warm tortillas on a skillet or in microwave just to soften and keep them warm either in a plastic bag or in a tortilla warmer.
- Scoop some of the potato mix onto your tortilla and you can either roll the tortillas or you can fold them in half. The potato makes the tortilla stick together or if you'd like you can hold with a toothpick.
- Lastly warm the oil and fry your taquitos until gold and crisp. Then drain the oil of the taquitos by placing them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels for a few minutes.
- VOILA! Just add all the topings over your taquitos and enjoy!
For regular vegetarians this is a very good recipe.