Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cabot Creamery, good cheesy soup
- 2 cups reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli floret
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cabot cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- Combine broth, potato, and onion in a sauce pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potato cubes against side of pan using fork.
- Stir together cornstarch and a little of the milk.
- Add broccoli and carrot.
- Stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
Really thick and yummy and not a lot of fat! The only thing I added was some salt and pepper. I used a potato masher instead of a fork to mash up some of the potatoes. I love thick creamy soups and this was perfect. Loved the extra color and flavor from the carrots and broccoli, too. Will make this again. Thanx!