Cabot Creamery, good cheesy soup
Make and share this Potato Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Combine broth, potato, and onion in a sauce pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potato cubes against side of pan using fork.
- Stir together cornstarch and a little of the milk.
- Add broccoli and carrot.
- Stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
Really thick and yummy and not a lot of fat! The only thing I added was some salt and pepper. I used a potato masher instead of a fork to mash up some of the potatoes. I love thick creamy soups and this was perfect. Loved the extra color and flavor from the carrots and broccoli, too. Will make this again. Thanx!