Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a go-to easy recipe that I got from a newspaper years ago that had been tested by the food editor. The person who submitted it said it had been passed down by her family and was delicious with brown sugar muffins. A great hearty dish for those chilly winter days!
- 3 cups peeled cubed, all purpose potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups california-blend frozen vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower & carrots
- 1 lb processed cheese spread loaf such as Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- Boil potatoes in water in large saucepan until potatoes are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pan and add milk and vegetables. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add processed cheese and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender crisp. Season with salt and pepper and serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.