- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup longhorn cheese or 1 cup Velveeta cheese
- 3 anaheim chilies, roasted peeled and seeded or 3 canned chilies, if desired
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a soup pot and add potatoes , onions and cilantro ans saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until potatoes are tender about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and milk and chilies just until heated.
- Do not boil it will separate.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- You can add clams & oysters for a variety as well.