Top Review by N.Williams
Loved this soup! Though I did make a couple of changes. First, since I am not a fan of onions, I substituted the onion with onion powder and then substituted the broccoli with shredded celery since I am not a fan of cooked broccoli. Will definitely be making this soup again!
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (1 c.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 c.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli floret
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded (1/2 c.)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ozs.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, potato, and onion in a large saucepan; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Mash potato cubes against side of pan using a fork.
- Stir together cornstarch and a little of the milk.
- Stir into broth mixture along with remaining milk.
- Add broccoli and carrot.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese till just melted.