Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My comfort food.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 lb.)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Do not drain; mash slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted.
Comfort food at it's best!! This soup was so delicious and so easy to prepare. I didn't mash all of the potatoes, left some kind of whole for a chunky texture. The flavor of the Swiss cheese was delightful and so pleasing. Thanks NurseDi for sharing this great recipe.
Thanks so much for the great recipe NurseDi. Comfort food at it's best.Like a mixture between potato soup and fondue,GREAT with bread!
This really is comfort food at it's best!!! My husband and I both loved this soup. The only change I made was to halve the amount of salt, since both of us need to watch our sodium a bit, but it didn't seem to hurt the flavor at all. Thanks for another great recipe NurseDi!