My comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 lb.)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1In a saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water, and salt to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 3Do not drain; mash slightly.
- 4Stir in milk.
- 5In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g