Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My comfort food.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Comfort food at it's best!! This soup was so delicious and so easy to prepare. I didn't mash all of the potatoes, left some kind of whole for a chunky texture. The flavor of the Swiss cheese was delightful and so pleasing. Thanks NurseDi for sharing this great recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 lb.)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Do not drain; mash slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted.