Recipe by Justmez2
Requested recipe from my sister and I made slight changes, it's so soothing and great Winter food!
- 5 cups diced potatoes (about 7 small to medium)
- 4 cups water, barely enough to cover potatoes (this water is part of the soup, DO NOT POUR OFF)
- 2 teaspoons salt (I used 1tsp salt and 1 tsp salt-free seasoning)
- 1 onion, chopped (Vidalia preferred or another sweet onion)
- 3 green onions, including tops chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Barely cover potatoes with water add the salts and cook till tender. THIS WATER IS PART OF SOUP DO NOT POUR OFF.
- While potatoes are boiling sauté onions and parsley in oil just till onion wilted.
- Add the evaporated milk once potatoes are tender.
- Ladle some of the potatoes with liquid in food processor or blender and puree. Add back to pot. On the next 2 rounds of puree potatoes and liquid add 1/2 of the onions and parsley mix.Use slotted spoon to find the rest of the potatoes to put in food processor. (By now the soup should be pretty thick).
- Soup should still be hot enough add the cheese and stir. If not,heat only on low do not boil so cheese can melt.
- Season with the black pepper and garlic powder.
- Guessed on the amount of water to cover potatoes make take more or less!