Top Review by Buzymomof3
Way too much pepper. I did like the carrots and celery in it. I think I mashed mine a little too much, but it came out tasty . . . except for the pepper. Thanks Loveit! Made for Help a Naked Recipe game.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 591.47 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- Do not rinse: mash mixture slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat: add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted.
- Let soup stand for 5 minutes.