- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 591.47 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- Do not rinse: mash mixture slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat: add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted.
- Let soup stand for 5 minutes.
Way too much pepper. I did like the carrots and celery in it. I think I mashed mine a little too much, but it came out tasty . . . except for the pepper. Thanks Loveit! Made for Help a Naked Recipe game.
Yum! I must have had really big potatoes, because I needed to use 3 cups of broth to cover them and cook. To compensate, I reduced the milk to 1 1/2 cups. I didn't have celery so I diced two carrots, and I also had to add more salt. Oh, I used pepper jack cheese because we like a kick...that was great. I think next time, I will use more onion, and maybe throw in some peas. Thanks!
Made this potato soup today and it turned out great! The only thing I changed was that I used a chedder cheese instead of swiss and used chicken broth instead of the vegtable broth. This recipe is a keeper.