1/1 Photo of Potato Cheese Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- 3Do not rinse: mash mixture slightly.
- 4Stir in milk.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Remove from heat: add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted.
- 8Let soup stand for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 541.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: