Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best. Creamy, cheesy comfort.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into very small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- Saute bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and celery; continue cooking about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, and cook for 1-2 minutes, not allowing to brown.
- Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring with a whisk until thickened.
- Melt in cheese.
- Add cheese mixture to potato mixture.
- Stir in milk, using more or less for desired consistency.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chives before serving.