Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great way to use up a small quantity of mashed potatoes but I'm sure it can be doubled or tripled for a larger quantity with no problems. I love these muffins with soup for lunch. Originally published in Canadian Living magazine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shortening, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well; blend in the milk, potatoes, cheese and shortening.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into large greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.