Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a nice treat from regular potatoes, and they look pretty for guests, too!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Boil potatoes til soft; drain, mash with cream and butter and whip til fluffy.
- Beat in egg, salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic.
- Fold in cheese and parsley.
- Wet hands and shape into 4 rolls/logs.
- Roll in crumbs. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet in 400º oven for 15-20 minutes til golden brown.
- *To make ahead: Place on baking sheet immediately after rolling in crumbs and before baking. Place in freezer til firm. Keep frozen in ziplock freezer bag. When needed, place frozen logs on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 400º for 30 minutes, turning once.
Very yummy! Easy to make and very tasty, even cold the next day. I made these with Thanksgiving dinner because I wanted to provide something with protein (egg & cheese) for my sister who doesnt eat meat. This did the trick. I left out the cayenne pepper because she doesnt like hot stuff, and added onion powder. Also, I ran out of breadcrumbs and used crushed saltine crackers, and added a cup of cheddar cheese along with the parmesan. Very delicious - thank you!
Tasty! I followed all ingredients but used unpeeld red potatoes, fresh parsley & homemade breadcrumbs. I dropped the potato mixture into the crumbs and using the crumbs to coat the logs making it easy so they stayed together.(Not touching the potato at all just spoon the potato in the coating and using the coating between my hands and potato)I hope I`m not confusing you! If so just e-mail me! These are so tasty and not needed to be fried really makes these a plus!
This is a very very tasty potato-cheese recipe. I had a very difficult time rolling them into logs so they actually turned into potato-cheese balls but it didn't matter they tasted great and everyone loved them!!