1/2 Photos of Potato--cheese Logs
These are a nice treat from regular potatoes, and they look pretty for guests, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/3 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1Boil potatoes til soft; drain, mash with cream and butter and whip til fluffy.
- 2Beat in egg, salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic.
- 3Fold in cheese and parsley.
- 4Wet hands and shape into 4 rolls/logs.
- 5Roll in crumbs. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet in 400º oven for 15-20 minutes til golden brown.
- 6*To make ahead: Place on baking sheet immediately after rolling in crumbs and before baking. Place in freezer til firm. Keep frozen in ziplock freezer bag. When needed, place frozen logs on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 400º for 30 minutes, turning once.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato--cheese Logs
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 151.7 mg
- Sodium 1393.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 15.4 g