Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is for babies 6 months and up. It is just like cheesy potatoes...but for babies. My DH could smell this when I first made it and wondered what I was making for dinner. I told him it was for the baby, he seemed disappointed. It tastes pretty good, so I probably could have given him some too! I use a pinch of dry minced onion, instead of the onion. I also used breastmilk/formula instead of the milk.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry onion until soft, about 5 minutes. (If using dry minced onion, add with potato).
- Add potato & heat 1 minute.
- Add milk & water, stir to mix.
- Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in cheese until melted.
- Puree, adding water as needed.
Well, this looked good and smelled good, but baby girl (8 months) did NOT like it... It may have been the texture since it is a little thicker than the baby food she usually eats; or could be typical of my kids... both of my DSs did not and do not eat potatoes. Will have to try it again when she gets a little older and starts eating regular foods. Made for Spring PAC 2013.