Recipe by Legna
This is for babies 6 months and up. It is just like cheesy potatoes...but for babies. My DH could smell this when I first made it and wondered what I was making for dinner. I told him it was for the baby, he seemed disappointed. It tastes pretty good, so I probably could have given him some too! I use a pinch of dry minced onion, instead of the onion. I also used breastmilk/formula instead of the milk.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Well, this looked good and smelled good, but baby girl (8 months) did NOT like it... It may have been the texture since it is a little thicker than the baby food she usually eats; or could be typical of my kids... both of my DSs did not and do not eat potatoes. Will have to try it again when she gets a little older and starts eating regular foods. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry onion until soft, about 5 minutes. (If using dry minced onion, add with potato).
- Add potato & heat 1 minute.
- Add milk & water, stir to mix.
- Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in cheese until melted.
- Puree, adding water as needed.