Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found a few recipes for potato croquettes here on 'Zaar and sort of melded them together. The chipotle sauce is almost identical to Potato Cheese Croquettes With a Chipotle Sauce, but I have changed the recipe for the croquettes. The variation is fantastic! How can you deny the goodness of deep-fried potato and cheesiness? These also work well for the freezer.
- 4 -5 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 dashes paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- seasoned bread crumbs
- chipolte aioli
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- adobo seasoning, with cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Boil potatoes in water 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Mash and cool.
- Beat 1 egg, add to potatoes with butter, tarragon, worcestershire, salt/pepper, paprika, and cheese.
- Roll into balls (I used about 1 tbsp or so of mixture).
- Beat 2 eggs and place into bowl. Put flour and breadcrumbs onto 2 separate plates.
- Roll balls in flour, dip into egg, roll in breadcrumbs.
- Chill on foil-lined pan for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry balls until crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- If freezing, cool and place into freezer bags. Reheat in oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- For aioli - combine all ingredients in food processor and blend well. Chill for a few hours before serving.