Recipe by Dancer^
I always make extra mashed potatoes so I can make these.
Top Review by Marlene.
These were delicious! I had a bit of trouble forming them (maybe not stiff enough mashed potatoes to start with?) but I'm not going to change the 5 star rating because of that. I managed to form them into small rounds , and fried them up and oh my goodness! Crispy outside , warm, soft creamy, cheesy mashed tater inside. These were a BIG hit at my house tonight!!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up potatoes.
- Beat egg in blender until frothy.
- Add potato pieces gradually, beating at medium speed until blended.
- Stir in cheese and salt.
- Shape as desired.
- Dip into crumbs, them milk, and again into crumbs.
- Fry in shallow hot fat until golden brown on all sides.