Recipe by Kitchen Quarterback
A quick, simple and satisfying soup. Great with fresh baked bread and butter.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- snipped chives, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, combine first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir and celery and red pepper; simmer for 10 more minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Velveeta cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Add cheddar and Swiss cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in the potato flakes and pepper.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream and chives, if desired.