Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy to make mild soup is hearty and warming. Serve with salad and bread for a full meal. Add sausage or bacon if desired. Prep time does not include time to cool potatoes.
- 8 small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1 -3 red chile
- 1 cup cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup cream
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Peel and dice potatoes. Remove seeds from chilies and chop finely. Place potatoes and chilies in a large stockpot and cover with water to approximately 1 inch over potatoes. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with fork. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend potatoes and chilies, along with the water, until pureed. You can use a food processor or immersion blender. Do this in batches if needed.
- Return potato puree to the stockpot and place on medium-low heat. Add cream to desired consistency and heat until heated through. Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with crumbled tortilla chips if desired.