Recipe by Stella Mae
Quick and very good main dish or side dish for any occasion.
Top Review by lvt96
This was really great, comfort food at its best! I added a package of cut up turkey smoked sausages to make it a main dish. I also added most of a package of cream cheese that I had in the fridge, and a little Beer 'n' Brat mustard. It was amazing, will make many times! Thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk (or whole milk)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- corn flakes, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a white sauce with butter, flour and milk.
- Slightly thaw potatoes and add to white sauce.
- Add onions, sour cream, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and heat through.
- Pour into buttered 3 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes over potatoes.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.