Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A good recipe for freezing
- 4 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 small onions, minced or 1⁄2 cup snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Steam spuds until tender.
- Peel and mash.
- Melt butter add milk and all remaining ingredients.
- Mash well and beat until fluffy.
- Pour into casserole dishes and freeze.
- To serve thaw and bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- You want it browned and bubbly.
- I've used a can of cream corn rather than the milk and added hot sauce.
- This is pretty good.
Didnt do the freeze thing with this dish, just boiled and mashed the potatoes and added everything else and stuck it in the oven, loved it.
Family really enjoyed this break from the traditional hash-brown casserole on Christmas Day. Everyone had a HUGE serving at dinner and asked for some to take home.
We all really like this recipe. It is a requested side dish, especially when all 18 of us get together for the holidays. Thanks.