Recipe by Irmgard
This is another wonderful recipe that I found on one of the Ontario milk calendars and it's become a big favourite. To cut down on calories, you can substitute milk for the cream and it still tastes wonderful!
Top Review by FoodLover360
These are great! I adjusted the cream and cheese so it would be a bit healthier, but besides that made as directed. My boyfriend gave them 3.5 stars and I was almost at a 5 star rating for this. Will make again for sure - DELICIOUS :)
- 8 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in a large saucepan of salted water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain well; return vegetables and garlic to the pan.
- Set the pan over low heat and mash vegetables and garlic with whipping cream and butter.
- When the mixture is smooth, stir in the cheese until it's melted.
- Add salt and pepper.