Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another wonderful recipe that I found on one of the Ontario milk calendars and it's become a big favourite. To cut down on calories, you can substitute milk for the cream and it still tastes wonderful!
- 8 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Place potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in a large saucepan of salted water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain well; return vegetables and garlic to the pan.
- Set the pan over low heat and mash vegetables and garlic with whipping cream and butter.
- When the mixture is smooth, stir in the cheese until it's melted.
- Add salt and pepper.
These are great! I adjusted the cream and cheese so it would be a bit healthier, but besides that made as directed. My boyfriend gave them 3.5 stars and I was almost at a 5 star rating for this. Will make again for sure - DELICIOUS :)
This recipe is great! I increased the amount of butter, cheese and salt. I can't wait to feed this to my boyfriend (who loves mashed potatoes, but despises almost every other vegetable).
This is an awesome dish! We absolutely loved the addition of the cauliflower to the potatoes. It gave the potatoes a real boost and enhanced the flavors of the dish. I can't wait to make this for guests. Even those who think they don't like cauliflower are going to love this. Thanks so much for sharing, Irmgard.