1/1 Photo of Potato Cheddar Soup With Broccoli and Cauliflower
2 hrs 30 mins
Kit^..^ty Of Canada's Note:
This is a lovely soup with the addition of the broccoli & cauliflower. It is a lighter soup and the vegetables add a nice colour. From Country Home Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces cauliflower
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a Dutch oven cook onions in hot oil and butter until soft and golden brown.
- 2Add garlic and continue cooking.
- 3Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken stock.
- 4Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 6Meanwhile, separate broccoli into small flowerets (reserve) and tender stems, discarding tough stems.
- 7Coarsely chop tender stems.
- 8Core and separate cauliflower into small flowerets.
- 9Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture.
- 10Cover; simmer 45 minutes.
- 11Add broccoli flowerets and cook, covered, for 15 minutes more.
- 12Add milk, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture.
- 13Lightly puree with a potato masher until coarsely blended to desired texture.
- 14Add water, if needed, to desired consistency.
- 15Note: I use an immersible blender.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheddar Soup With Broccoli and Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 588.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g