Nice way to use leftover potatoes! This recipe comes from a local newspaper.
Make and share this Potato Cheddar Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two flours together with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender (or your hands), cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Stir in the shredded potatoes, cheese, poppy seeds and dill.
- Make a well in the center and add enough milk to make a soft dough (adding more milk as needed).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead several times.
- Pat into two 6 to 8-inch rounds about 1-inch thick.
- Cut each into 6 to 8 wedges.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 12 to 16 minutes.
- Makes 12 to 16 Scones.