Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a quick and easy soup to make on a cold blustery day. Variations seasonally can be adapted so it is great anytime. Your mouth and tummy will thank you.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 lb pepper bacon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half milk
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 green onions (thinly slice on diagonal for garnish)
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- In a soup pot place large chunks of bacon and cook in pot until done but not too crispy. Set aside the bacon, but leave the bacon grease, and add the Simply Potatoes Diced with Onions in the pot to cook until soft. Whisk together the flour and 1/2&1/2 until smooth. Add the chicken broth and rinsed black beans to the pot along with the flour and 1/2&1/2 mixture. Simmer on low while the potatoes continue to get softer and more tender, stirring frequently. Add the wine, salt and pepper - all to taste. Simmer for a few more minutes and then add the cheese and bacon. Do not boil but bring temperature back up to serve. Sprinkle the thinly sliced green peppers on top of each bowl and serve.
- Serve with warm french bread to mop up the soup and enjoy!
This is absolutely delicous! Fresh and simple ingredients that explode with flavor. Definitely my favorite!