Recipe by SusieQusie
I have a stack of printed out recipes from 1997 & 1998 - when I was first getting busy on the net. (and obviously before there were sites such as Zaar to store said recipes). So now I'm slowly sorting through them, checking for duplicates and posting what still looks interesting. My goal- no more stacks! This came from ????? on 12/17/97. It sounds as if it could probably benefit from some added spices or herbs (even cheese) but I still like the technique.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen french fries
- chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water water for 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons oil, milk, salt & pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Generously butter 4 large muffin cups (or ramekins) with remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Stand fries vertically and firmly pack to line the sides of each muffin cup. Trim tops to even lengths. (Freeze remainder for another meal.).
- Drizzle fries with remaining olive oil.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Invert onto serving plates. Garnish with chives.