Recipe by realbirdlady
This recipe is adapted from yanuq.com. They suggest serving with a light drizzle of passion fruit syrup.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled (yellow, if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chili, finely chopped (yellow aji)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 30 shrimp, headed, cooked, peeled, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 4 ounces white cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. While still hot, force potatoes through a strainer or ricer.
- Combine with salt, lime juice, oil and aji. Knead until mixture is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine shrimp tails with cocktail sauce, to coat lightly.
- Line a rectangular serving dish (or individual ramekins) with plastic film and cover the bottom evenly with half of the potato mixture.
- Spread mayonnaise on top evenly.
- Cover with avocado slices.
- Season with salt and drops of lemon juice on top.
- Cover with remaining potato mixture and press lightly.
- To serve, invert onto a platter and decorate with avocado slices, shrimp, cheese and lettuce.