Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from 365 ways to cook vegetarian. This is really yummy and easy to make. You can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand. Serve with pita bread and steamed rice.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, torn in pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the cauliflower until crisp-tender; about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- In a casserole dish, heat oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is lightly browned; 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and garlic and cook until the pepper is softened; 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, cumin and curry powder and cook, stirring 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cauliflower, potatoes and broth. Cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender; 12-15 minutes. Add additional broth or water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- When potatoes are cooked, stir in spinach, peas, salt and cayenne. Cook until the spinach is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
I just got done making this and it's delicious! I didn't have spinach on hand so I just threw in some mixed vegetables (green beans, peas, and carrots). I highly recommend this dish!
This was soooo good, Thanks for sharing :)
This delightful recipe is easy to make and wonderfully versatile. Made exactly as listed, it's one of our favorite dishes. And I love that I can substitute other veggies and still have a delicious meal (canned tomatoes work fine, for instance). I highly recommend this dish. I always try to have Trader Joe's frozen garlic naan in the freezer to serve along with this. Thanks dicentra!