Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! I found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens 30 minute meals cookbook. It was easy to prepare. I doubled the recipe because you can never have enough soup!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 946.36 ml chicken broth or 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 473.18 ml yukon gold potatoes or 473.18 ml white potatoes, peeled
- 591.47 ml cauliflower florets
- 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml light cream or 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml flour
- 591.47 ml shredded swiss cheese (10oz)
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion in hot butter until tender.
- Carefully add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk half-and-half into flour until smooth; add to soup mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the shredded cheese, stirring until melted.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Made this for the Aussie/NZ recipe Swap #87 and what a winner! Definately going into my keeper file. I did saute the onion and then made a roux to go into the soup but otherwise made as written and everyone enjoyed this with some garlic bread and a green salad. Once again thank you!
Oh this was so good easy to make I bet broccoi would be good in this to excellent!! thanks
This is so delicious! This soup is amazing and easy to make too. I used gruyere Swiss cheese and I used frozen cauliflower. This is definitely going in my keeper file! Made for Please Make My Recipe Reunion tag in the Australian/new Zealand forum.