I received this from MyDailyRecipes e-subscription.
Make and share this Potato Casserole With Fried Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make a thick white sauce of butter, flour and milk and add the Italian seasoning packet.
- Dice or slice the potatoes into the cream sauce.
- Add in the parsley and mix to combine.
- Turn into large well-greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and French fried onions.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
I made this recipe on 9/13/12 for the Patatas/Potatoes Spain Tag Game in the Spain/ Portugal Forum. Since I needed only a small amount the recipe was made as follows: 4 small red potatoes,and boiled until almost fork tender. For the dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix, I used about 2 teaspoons of Italian Dressing Seasoning Dry Mix. I didn't have the parsley,so that was left out. And I reduced the amount of cheese to 3/4th.cup and the onions were cut down to 3 ounces. For me,this was cooked to perfection at the suggested 30 minutes. I just have to tell you the taste of this recipe was completely " Off The Hook ". I WILL so make this again. Thank you so much for posting this recipe and, " Keep Smiling :) "
This got mixed reviews at our table. I liked it but my boys didn't. I followed the recipe as written other then I shredded my potatoes. I also didn't add the parsley as I ran out.
These are soo good!! I didn't have quite 1 1/2 cups milk so I add a little chicken stock and it worked out perfectly. I cut the potatoes into little cubes and they were creamy-delicious! This will be made again!! Made for Everyday Holiday.