Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite recipe of family and friends. Everyone who eats this has a tough time putting the fork down! Enjoy.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and dice potatoes, boil until barely done. Drain.
- Melt butter in frying pan, saute onions in the butter until beginning to brown and crisp.
- Mix all except parmesan cheese in 9 x 13 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes, uncover and baked for additional 15 minutes.
Calls for 1/2 pound bacon. No worries. I still have a couple of good years left in me. Very good!!!
This was supreme! I used Recipe #242966 for the bacon. I didn't have any Tabasco Sauce and used a pinch of cayenne instead. I also forgot to put parmesan cheese on my grocery list. But my family loved it! My DH said 5 stars right away. This will be great for holiday dinners, football games and pot lucks. I made this for PAC Fall 2008 and I will be making it many more times.